1. If you want to support Ukrainian hospitals during the crisis, maybe head to Support Hospital. This charity provides “trauma-related equipment and surgical tools,” along with other necessities. Make a donation via their website.
2. Another main charity you can donate to is the Ukraine Humanitarian Fund which predominantly helps Eastern Ukraine, which has been the site of most attacks. You can make a donation through their website.
3. The Kyiv Independent is a media outlet and are attempting to keep the rest of the world updated with detailed reporting on its website and Twitter page. They are taking donations on their GoFundMe page. Donating to media outlets in Russia that are not controlled by Putin’s regime will help tell the truths of the war. Donate to Meduza which is a Russian online newspaper or OVD-Info which focuses on human rights observance in Russia.
4. Polish charities. Here are some of the charities that will use the donations for feeding, housing, and helping refugees: Polish Humanitarian Action, the Polish Association for Legal Intervention, Polish Center for International Aid, HIAS, and R2P.
5. The Ukrainian military. Ukraine has also asked for donations to be made directly to the Ukrainian military, and to those providing medical assistance on the ground such as Médecins Sans Frontières or the Ukrainian Red Cross.
6. Sunflower for Peace offers medical assistance and prepares first aid medical backpacks for paramedics and doctors on the frontlines.
7. Choose Love. Donations through Choose Love will provide emergency food, shelter, clothing, legal support, support for people in the LGBTQIA+ community or with mental health problems.
8. Voices of Children. Donating to this charity provides support to Ukrainian children affected by the war.
9. Nova Ukraine: This non-profit organisation focuses on humanitarian aid to vulnerable populations in Ukraine.