The following are some of the tools that can be used to perform DoS attacks.
- Nemesy– this tool can be used to generate random packets. It works on windows. This tool can be downloaded from https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/25599/nemesy13.zip.html . Due to the nature of the program, if you have an anti virus, it will most likely be detected as a virus.
- Land and LaTierra– this tool can be used for IP spoofing and opening TCP connections
- Blast– this tool can be downloaded from https://www.opencomm.co.uk/products/blast/features.php
- Panther– this tool can be used to flood a victim’s network with UDP packets.
- Botnets– these are multitudes of compromised computers on the internet that can be used to perform a distributed denial of service attack.