In minimize wireless network attacks; an organization can adopt the following policies
- Changing default passwords that come with the hardware
- Enabling the authentication mechanism
- Access to the network can be restricted by allowing only registered MAC addresses.
- Use of strong WEP and WPA-PSK keys, a combination of symbols, number and characters reduces the chance of the keys been cracking using dictionary and brute force attacks.
- Intrusion detection systems (IDS),systems such as WIDZ can help; network scanning, association floods and Rogue APs. https://ostatic.com/widz
- Firewall software can also help reduce unauthorized access.