How to sleep better
How to sleep better is a question that many people ask. According to the National Sleep Foundation, adults should sleep for seven to eight hours a night to be well-rested. But what if you can’t seem to get more than five or six hours of sleep a night? You’re not alone. About one-third of Americans get six hours or less of sleep a night, and 43 percent of US drivers admit to having fallen asleep at the wheel at some point in their lives.
So how can you start getting the seven to eight hours of sleep you need? Here are some tips:
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day. This will help your body get into a routine and make it easier to fall asleep.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before bed. Caffeine can keep you awake, and alcohol can make it difficult to fall asleep.
- Keep your bedroom cool, dark, and quiet. The ideal sleeping temperature is around 65 degrees.
- Reserve the bed for sleep and sex. Don’t watch TV, work on the computer, or read in bed. These activities can make it difficult to fall asleep.
- Get up and move around every few hours. If you’re having trouble falling asleep, get up and move around for a few minutes. This will help get your body active and promote better sleep.
- Practice some relaxation techniques before bed. Techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and yoga can help you fall asleep more easily.
Army’s sleeping technique and Create a Sleep Schedule
Most people know that getting a good night’s sleep is crucial to a healthy lifestyle, yet many people don’t realize just how important sleep is for soldiers. A good night’s sleep can mean the difference between life and death on the battlefield.
Army’s Sleeping Technique
The U.S. Army has spent many years perfecting its sleep technique. The goal is to get soldiers to bed early and get the most out of their sleep.
There are a few things the Army does to help its soldiers get a good night’s sleep. One is to establish a sleep schedule and stick to it as closely as possible. Soldiers are usually required to be in bed by 10 pm.
Another key to the Army’s sleeping technique is to make sure soldiers get plenty of exercise during the day. Exercise helps to tire out the body and makes it easier to fall asleep at night.
The Army also encourages its soldiers to avoid caffeine and alcohol before bed. Both of these substances can interfere with the ability to get a good night’s sleep.
Sleep Schedule for Soldiers
While the Army’s sleep technique may work well for some soldiers, it may not be ideal for everyone. Some people may need more or less sleep than what is prescribed by the Army.
A good sleep schedule should include:
- A regular bedtime and wake-up time
- Enough sleep for your age and sleep needs
- No caffeine or alcohol before bed
- A relaxing bedtime routine
If you are having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, try some of the following tips:
- Avoid working or using electronics in bed
- Establish a regular sleep schedule
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before bed
- Get plenty of exercise during the day
- Keep a cool, comfortable environment in your bedroom
- Use a noise machine or earplugs to block out noise
- Try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation
Different people have different tricks for getting a good night’s sleep. Some people like to read before bed, others prefer to listen to calm music. Some people take a hot bath before bedtime, while others drink chamomile tea. Some people use aromatherapy, while others use noise-cancelling headphones to block out noise. Ultimately, the key to getting a good night’s sleep is finding what works best for you and sticking to a routine. If you can get into a good sleep routine, you’ll be sure to feel more rested and refreshed each day.